This recipe is a speciality in Mangalore and can be prepared without onion and garlic even during fasting......
1 capsicum cut into cubes
10-12 parval cut into cubes
2 potatoes cut into cubes
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp urad dhal
1/4 tsp methi seeds
2 sprigs of curry leaves
3/4 cup grated coconut
4-5 fried Red chillies
salt to taste
- Take a pan, add oil then fry urad dal and methi seeds till light brown and it leaves aroma
- Grind this along with red chillies and grated cocunut coarsely adding very little water
- In a kadai , add oil then put mustard seeds ,when it starts spluttering add curry leaves and cubed vegetables.
- Add water to it and allow it to boil till tender
- Then add the masala to it and fry well.
- Serve with steamed rice.