I have tried so many variations of Palak Paneer this is undoubtedly one of the best Palak Paneer I have ever tried...exactly like restaurent style taste...its been my family favourite since then it's been more then 7 yrs now I still use this recipe ....One of the best !!!!!!
1 packet of paneer cut into cubes
2 bunch of palak
2 onions sliced
3 tsp melon seeds
4 green chillies
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tomatoes roughly chopped
1/2 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp fresh cream
1 tsp kasuri methi
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Boil 2 sliced onion along with cashewnuts,melon seeds,4 green chillies for 10 min or till the time onion and cashewnuts turns tender and drain it.
- Grind to a smooth paste and Keep aside
- Boil Palak in water for 10 min and then drain it and then put it in cold water so that it doesnt loose its colour.
- Grind and puree it
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste and fry till golden brown,then add the chopped tomatoes and fry till it gets mashed well.
- Add the onion paste and fry till it leaves out oil.
- Then add the palak puree and mix it well and bring it to boil.
- Now add the kasuri methi ,garam masala, paneer,salt.
- Lastly add fresh cream and serve with paratha
- TIP: you can even replace paneer with shallow fried cubed potatoes.