well it was a quiet and silent welcome of the New year for me with my family so I thought of making something special and new to make this day even more special and a memorable to my near & dear ones .......i hope u all have a wonderful year ahead and wish it brings lots & lots of happiness & peace to the whole world ....so here goes the recipe
2 Cups Maida
1 cup Butter
1 cup Demerara Sugar(brown colour sugar)
1 tsp Vanilla essence
3 tbsp grated cashews
1/2 tsp Baking powder
Few gems chocolate for topping
1/4 Cup milk
- Sieve maida and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Cream Butter and demerara sugar together till creamy then add vanilla essence, sieved maida, and little milk to make a smooth dough then add grated nuts and again knead it for 5 min.
- Cover it with the cling film & Refrigerate it for 1/2 hour.
- Roll the dough & cut with the help of cookie cutter of any shape of your choice.
- Place gems on the center and press lightly.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray .
- Preheat the oven to 180'c for 5 mins and bake it for 15 mins or till done