6-7 Pav Buns
5 Tomatoes (boiled and pureed)
2 med Onion (chopped)
2 Med Capsicum (chopped)
1 Cup Cauliflower
1/2 Cup Beans
2 Carrot (chopped)
4 Boiled Potato
6 Kashmiri Red Chillies
10-12 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tsp Jeera
3 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Badshah Pav Bhaji Masala
2 tbsp Butter + Butter to fry Pavs on tava
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander leaves
1 Lemon cut into wedges
- Pressure cook cauliflower, beans, carrot and mash well and keep aside.
- Fry Garlic and red chillies in oil and leave it to cool and grind to a fine paste.
- Boil tomatoes till cooked and the skin of the tomato comes out. Now puree this in the mixer grinder . Strain this and keep this puree aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in kadai, 1 tsp butter then add capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add onion and fry till onion turns golden brown. Now add the chilli garlic paste and fry till water evaporates and it leaves oil. Now add tomato puree and cook for 5 mins . Now add cooked and mashed vegetables and cover and cook till the vegetables gets blended well with the other ingredients. Then add the mashed potatoes.
- Add 1 cup water, salt to taste and cover and cook till done.
- For Tempering
- Heat Butter in pan add jeera, when it starts to splutter add kasoori methi, fry till it gives out nice aroma now add tomato ketchup, garam masala, Pav Bhaji masala, and fry for a min now add 1/2 cup water and let it come to a boil.
- Now add this tempering to the boiled vegetables and cook on low heat for 10-12 mins.
- Cut the pav into halves. Apply butter to the pavs and fry on tawa till golden brown.
- Now take a plate arrange pavs. Serve the bhaji on the side and garnish it with chopped onion, Coriander leaves, Lemon wedges.