I was just casually sitting and surfing the net reading the other blogers what they had posted when I came across Zebra cake from http://www.azcookbook.com/ ......I must say that she has explained it very well showing the photo of each step which made it very easy for me to try her recipe. However I used my basic cake recipe but I followed her technique of how to spread the cake batter. So this is the first time I tried it out and it did come out well.
2 Cups Maida
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 tsp Cocoa powder
1 Bar of Melted Milk Chocolate
10-12 cashews for garnishing
1/4 cup Milk
- Separate the Egg yolks and the Egg whites.
- Sieve Maida with baking powder and keep aside.
- Powder the sugar in Mixer Grinder and keep aside.
- Beat Egg White with 3/4 of Sugar powder till creamy and white .
- Now Beat the Egg Yellow with the remaining sugar and then add the butter which is melted at room temperature and beat well with the help of beater. Now add the vanilla essence and mix well .
- Now slowly mix this egg white mixture with the Egg yellow mixture and then add maida and mix add milk little by little till you get a smooth semi thick batter.
- Now take half of the cake batter in another container and mix cocoa powder, melted chocolate to it and keep aside.
- Now grease a cake mould and begin to spread the batter from the center of the mould, take a spoonful of cocoa batter and place it at the center now spread Vanilla Batter around the cocoa batter .
- Then again spread the cocoa batter around the vanilla batter and repeat this till you have spread both the batter completely. Garnish with Cashews.
- Preheat the oven to 180'c for 5 mins and bake the cake batter without shaking it for 40-45 mins or till done.