Hi this recipe was given by my friend keerthi which can be prepared without onion and garlic and i do this dal every now and then as its good for health, simple and can be done in minutes.....
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/4 cup milk
2 -3 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3-4 green chillies (Slit)
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Pressure cook dal adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and cook till done. Now add salt and bring to a boil and then keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai add cumin seeds, when it splutters add green chilli, fry add tomato and fry till tomatoes get mashed up well and oil leaves out.
- Now add 1/4 tsp haldi, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves .
- Fry for a while and then add milk and fry till it becomes semi thick now add this to the cooked dal and simmer it and boil for about 10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.