Sunday, September 27, 2009

Red Cherry & Honey Cookies



This is another cookie which I have tried by myself , tried one new combo of honey and red cherry to my surprise it was a very good combo together and was complimenting my cookie so well that it got over the same day and I want to Make this again.....Here in this recipe I have reduced the amount of sugar because glace cherries and honey are sweet too, I didnt want my cookie to be too sweet , anyways each ones taste differs so you can use sugar according to ur Sweet tooth:)

Ingredients

1 cup maida

1 tsp cornflour

1/2 cup butter 

1/4 cup sugar

3 tbsp Milk

2 tbsp honey

4-5 Glace cherries chopped

1 tsp vanilla essence

1/2 tsp baking powder

Pinch of salt

Pinch of soda

Few chocolate chips for garnishing

sliced Red cherries for garnishing 

Dessicated coconut mixed with a drop of red food colour for garnishing 

Method
  • Sieve Maida, soda, baking powder,cornflour, salt and then keep aside
  • cream butter, honey , sugar, vanilla essence cherries together 
  • now add sieved Maida and little milk to a smooth dough
  • Roll it into semi-thick one, cut into desired shapes with cookie cutter,put one cherry & chocolate chips on each 




  • bake it in a preheated oven at 180 'c for 10-15 Minutes
  • Cool it on a wire rack for 10 minutes
  • Garnish with dessicated coconut around it and serve