Thursday, November 12, 2009

My 1st Blog Anniversary With Fruity-Nutty Cake

Well today is the day last year i started blogging and am so happy that i could complete atleast a year and hope to celebrate it each year passing by ...and its really unbelievable for me to complete it so soon, i really started it thinking that i would pass my free time this way but now its become a part of my life, my identity and for this Firstly i need to thank "GOD" for it..and then my Family who supported me throughout ....it feels really good to celebrate this special occasion. just like how i celebrate my birthday with all my loved ones,same way i wanted to share my happiness with all my blogger friends and my readers, In this one year i really found many new & genuine friends who appreciated my work through many awards & their wonderful comments which made my day even more happier,am really thankful to each and everyone for this, and all their comments did encourage and motivate me to do more and try new things everytime...i really didnt have any idea that i could go so far without u people....so thanks a lot everyone ....So to celebrate this special occasion i had prepared a cake, and for the first time i tried doing an icing over it, really enjoyed doing that with the help of my hubby & my son and had a nice time celebrating it as well...and this cake I must say is a memorable one.....Came out well but got to work on it to do the best one...may be next time u all will see a much better one...

Ingredients
For Cake

1 cup Maida

100 gms butter Softened at room temperature

2 tbsp sugar

1/2 tin Condensed milk

1 tbsp baking powder

2 pinches of soda

a pinch of salt

1 tbsp soda water

1 tsp vanilla essence

1/4 cup milk

1 cup Mixed Dried fruits

1 cup Chopped mixed nuts (Walnuts,cashews)

Butter for greasing

For the frosting
1/2 cup butter softened at room temperature
1/4 cup icing sugar
4 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence

3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup white chocolate drops (for decorating)
Few white candy for decorating
Method
For the Cake 
  • Sieve Maida with baking powder,soda, salt, and then keep aside
  • In a bowl, add butter,sugar,condensed milk and beat well with a help of an electric beater for 10 minutes
  • Add Sieved Maida and milk gradually to get the right consistency and beat well for another 10 minutes
  • Add soda water,vanilla essence, and beat it well
  • Add Dried Mixed Fruits,Chopped nuts and mix well
  • Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30-35 minutes or till done
  • Cool it on a wire rack and keep it aside
For the Icing
  • Mix icing sugar and cocoa powder and keep aside
  • Cream butter and then add the sugar-cocoa mix,vanilla essence,milk and beat it with the help of an electric beater till very smooth atleast for 10 minutes
  • Spread the icing over the cake evenly on all the sides
  • Decorate it with white chocolate drops and white chocolate candy(as its my son's favourite)

  • Slice it and then serve