Monday, February 8, 2010

Spicy Oats Porridge


Frankly speaking I used to hate oats ...cause first time when i had tried it I had mixed just a little salt and had it and ...I literally couldnt have it......when I saw so many blogger friends trying so many nice recipes on oats I thought why not try to experiment this in my style the way I want and it turned very nice .....I never thought it would turn out so nice, well after trying this recipe I can say Oats isnt that bad also ......

Ingredients

1 cup Oats

1/2 cup water

2 tbsp curd

2 tomatoes chopped

1 carrot chopped finely

2 sprigs of curry leaves

2 tbsp peanuts (Optional)

1/2 tsp red chilli powder

1/2 tsp garam masala

2-3 green chillies (Sliced)

1/4 tsp cumin powder

1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)

1 tsp oil

salt to taste

Method
  • Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds, when it splutters add curry leaves, green chillies, peanuts and fry well.
  • Now add chopped carrot, chopped tomato and fry well add red chilli powder, garam masala , jeera powder and fry for 2 mins .
  • Now add coriander leaves, curd, and water and when it comes to a boil add oats and keep stirring till it becomes semi thick when it gets a porridge consistency as you can see in the picture above, switch off the gas
  • Garnish it with nuts of your choice and coriander leaves and then serve hot