Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mushroom Butter Pepper Rice


I wanted to try something new in my favourite cuisine that everyone knows which is my favourite cuisine which I just adore to experiment ....yes it is undoubtedly Chinese:)...so ended up tying this very lovely flavoured rice ....In this rice I have tried to keep it simple yet flavourful ....simple and awesome one word for this ...I am a big fan of pepper, lemon , spring onion Oh so many ill just end up typing all of them ....So try this yummy and my favourite rice ;-)

Ingredients

1 cup sliced mushroom

1 1/2 cup Basmati rice

2 tbsp spring onion(white part)

2 tbsp spring onion greens

2 tbsp freshly ground pepper

2 tbsp butter

4-5 garlic sliced

salt to taste

Method
  • Wash & Soak basmati rice for 30 min, drain it and cook till 3/4th done
  • Allow it to cool and then mix 1 tsp butter, 1 tsp crushed pepper,and salt and mix well and keep it aside
  • Heat butter in a pan, add sliced garlic and fry till golden brown, then add spring onions(white part) and fry for a min
  • Add Freshly ground pepper and mushrooms and fry
  • When mushroom leaves water add the rice and mix it well so that all the flavours gets mixed well
  • Lastly add spring onion greens and serve hot