Monday, May 17, 2010

Tomato Slice Chaat


Well heres another lip smacking chaat which I loved trying as well as having it ..long back during my college days I and my friends used to love having chaat from the stall just outside my college ....I used to just enjoy the taste there and I remember having tomato slice chaat which he said it to be a new chaat worth trying and I just loved it ..well thats a way long story now the other day when I saw tomato lying in my fridge I thought y not re create this chaat which I had tasted long back .......It is not only healthy but u would love it too :)

Ingredients

1 Ripe & Firm Tomato cut into 6 Thick slices (deseeded)

2 Potato Boiled (grated)

1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped

salt to taste

1/4 cup Fine sev

1/4 cup curd (whisked)

1/2 cup Tamarind chutney (Recipe given below)

1/2 cup green chutney(Recipe Given below)

For Green chutney( Makes 3/4th cup)

1 cup chopped coriander leaves

1 cubed onion

2 green chillies

2-3 garlic flakes

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp sugar

a pinch of black salt

salt to taste

For Sweet Tamarind chutney( makes 1/2 cup)

Med size piece of tamarind

1/4 cup deseeded dates

Med size piece of jaggery

1 tsp Roasted cumin powder

1/2 tsp red chilli powder

1/2 cup water

1/2 tsp dried mango powder(amchur)

salt to taste

Method

Boil, grate the potatoes and then add salt and mix.

For Tamarind chutney
  • Grind all the ingredients mentioned under tamarind chutney with little water to a fine paste
For Green chutney
  • Grind all the ingredients mentioned under green chutney with little water to a fine paste

For the chaat

  • In bowl or a serving plate arrange deseeded slices of tomato then put 1 tsp of boiled potato on it .
then drizzle with 1 tbsp curd, then put a tsp of tamarind chutney and green chutney then sprinkle sev generously then top with corr leaves and serve and enjoy :)