Thursday, June 3, 2010

Carrot & Coriander soup


Till date I have never tried this soup after trying this I was really wondering why I hadnt tried it ......its such a lovely soup with mild and beauliful flavours in it that I just loved it ....I actually wanted to add even freshly made bread crutons to it but ...believe me or not was so satisfied with the flavour tht loved having it just like that :)....take my word for this if u guys dont try this u r the one missing this awesome soup which is my in my top fav list now ;)....waiting for ur lovely feedback......I do appreciate my fellow bloggers and admire their generosity when they share the award with me but because of my naughty son I frankly dont find time to upload them :)......thank u so much for all ur Awards I truely adore all of them and will upload them soon :)

Ingredients

2-3 carrots (sliced)

2 tsp chopped ginger

1 onion chopped

1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped +1/2 tsp for garnishing

1/2 tsp cornflour (opt)

1 cup milk

1/2 cup water

1 tsp freshly ground peppercorn

1 tsp oil

salt to taste

Method
  • Heat oil then add ginger and chopped onion and continue to fry till the onions turn translucent then add 1 tbsp coriander leaves and fry .
  • Now add carrot and crushed peppercorn and fry for 2-3 mins then add milk and bring to a boil till the carrots are tender and cook till the milk reduces. Here I have sprinkled little cornflour so that it thickens fast.
  • Now when the milk had thickened then grind this to a fine puree.
  • Take out the carrot puree in a pan then add water, peppercorn, salt and then boil till the consistency you desire.
  • Serve garnished with coriander and grated carrot(opt).