Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dry Green Beans and Veg Subzi


well here goes my favourite subzi which I do with chapathi ...I just love this gravy as it is easy to make and yummy to have with chapathi ...I am sure ull love even this version of my subzi if u have liked others ....well if u dont try this ur missing one of my favourite all time gravy :)

Ingredients

1/2 Kg Beans Cut diagonally

2 Potato cut into small cube

1 Big Onion Finely chopped

1/4 cup grated coconut

3 Tbsp milk

1/2 bunch Coriander leaves

3 Green chillies

1 tsp Chopped Ginger

6 Flakes of Garlic

A pinch of Hing powder

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder

1/2 tsp coriander powder

1/4 tsp Red Chilli powder

1/2 tsp turmeric powder

salt to taste

2 tbsp oil

Method

  • Grind coriander leaves, coconut, garlic, ginger, green chilli, grind this along with milk and add very little water now grind this to a very fine paste.
  • Par boil the potato and beans together adding salt and drain and keep it aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds, Hing when it splutters add onion and fry till onion turns a bit brownish in colour .
  • Now add all the Masala powders,salt and fry well.
  • Add the ground coconut paste and saute till it leaves out oil and then add par boiled beans and potato, cover and cook for few mins and then serve hot with chapathi
  • I Just loved it cause I had prepared it after a long time and was an excellent subzi with chapathi.