It was my hubby's birthday on the 20th and as usual I wanted to make something really v special for his birthday ...so I decided to do Fresh cream cake which is both my son's and my hubby's absolute favourite....This is the absolute recipe of Fresh cream Egg less cake...This egg less recipe is def a keeper which I had tried from Sailu's Blog ....the sponge was so v delicious and texture too was excellent!...but the frosting with strawberries was so nice ....simply yum ...takes a bit of hard work but worth it I assure u ...ull love every bite of it !
1 1/2 cup All purpose Flour/ Maida
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup yogurt ( thick and beaten )
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup refined oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
600 ml Fresh Heavy cream (Suitable for whipping)
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla essence
1 Cup Fresh strawberries Sliced finely
For Sugar Syrup
1/4 cup sugar
4 tbsp water
For the cake
- Cream sugar and yogurt together with the help of electric beater until sugar dissolves completely then add baking powder and baking soda to it and mix it well. Leave it aside for 3 Min's and u can see it slightly risen and bubbles appear on the top.
- Now slowly add in oil and vanilla essence and beat it well then add maida slowly by slowly till it gets mixed up well.
- Grease desired cake tin I have used round one then apply butter evenly and sprinkle some maida and roughly roll over so that the cake doesn't stick to the tin. Then pour the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 180'c for About 5 Min's. And bake it to about 40 -45 Min's until it gets golden on the top.
- I have prepared 2 sponges here and sandwiched it with the frosting.
- Once the sponge cake is cooled down take a took pick and prick tiny holes in the sponge then sprinkle 2 tsp of prepared sugar syrup on both the sponges of the cake
- Add water and sugar and bring it to a boil and allow it to thicken a bit keep stirring it and then switch off the gas and allow it to cool
- With the help of electric beater beat the cream on a low speed add in sugar little by little then add vanilla essence ad beat till it forms peaks.
- Spread the layer of frosting on one sponge and layer then with strawberries evenly then put another sponge on the top and cream with cream frosting evenly then decorate it with more strawberries on top and chill till to your ready to serve .