I know I was in break for a long time ....Here on I ll try to be regular...so here is another amazing recipe from my kitchen........This is such healthy Indian style Pizza that u ll love to bite into it...here I have personally tried to keep it very healthy but not adding any cheese...feel free to add cheese on top if u want to but this pizza tastes simply out of this world just like that with a beautiful flavor of spring greens/scallions which you will love...I have already tried this twice ...still love it .....so simply try it and leave in Ur feedback:)
For Pizza Base
1 & 1/2 cup Maida /Plain flour
1 tbsp dried yeast
4 tbsp water + water for kneading into a smooth dough
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili flakes
For Chana Gravy
1 1/2 cup Boiled Chickpeas
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp Chana Masala ( I used Badshah)
1/2 tsp Amla Pickle/ Mango pickle along with a small piece of Mango or Amla ( Gooseberry)
2 tbsp tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup sliced Red onions
1/2 cup finely chopped (Spring greens / scallions)
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- In a deep bowl put the yeast and sugar add little warm water and leave it aside for 5 Min's then when it becomes frothy then add salt, oregano , chili flakes and mix well with Ur hands then slowly add maida and knead with luke warm water and knead to a smooth dough and cover with a cling film and keep it aside for 1 hr ...If u need more help with the step to step procedure refer to my previous post.
For the chana
- In pan add oil when it is sizzling hot add in some cumin seeds when it starts to pop up & then add in haldi, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kitchen king masala, chana masala, pickle and fry and mix well then add tomato ketchup and tomato puree fry well till it leaves out oil
- Add boiled chickpeas (drain the water) add little water if it is too dry.
- Fry garlic in little oil and add this to chana and fry well.
- Then finally add lemon juice, mix and keep aside (It should be dry).
For pizza base
- Take a small medium sized ball from the dough and roll into med sized thick base and then apply little water to fold the edges of the circle and just lightly press on the edges.
- Now put 2 tbsp of chana spread it evenly then place the red onion rings and then sprinkle little scallions and then lightly grease it with olive oil bake it for 180'c for about 10-12 Min's or till the base is baked.
It looks so beautiful and pretty with the perfect taste...its a really spicy pizza so if u want to u can even add cheese and bake...i just wanted to make it very healthy ....SIMPLY AWESOME !(Like how my husband says that.....)