I got this recipe from Internet video which was shown by a chef....I was so drawn to this recipe that I wanted to try this ....So here goes the recipe for a lovely and spicy Aloo 65:)
4-5 Boiled Potato (preferably par boiled or boiled and refrigerated overnight)
1 cup yogurt
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp Maida / Plain Flour
4 Red chilly (Broken)
15-20 curry leaves
Oil to fry
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi / Turmeric powder
salt to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp oil + for deep frying
2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
A pinch of Red food colour (opt)
- In Bowl grate potato on a larger side of the grater add 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder, haldi, salt, coriander leaves, and 5-6 curry leaves (finely chopped) and 2 tbsp Plain flour, Juice of 1/2 lemon .
- Mix all this properly and keep aside. Make balls out of this and then deep fry in oil till brown and drain and keep aside.
For the gravy
- In bowl mix yogurt , 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp maida, pinch of red food color and whisk it properly.
- Heat oil in a wok or a deep pan then add oil to it add cumin seeds, broken red chilli, curry leaves, ginger, garlic, stir fry till garlic turns slightly brown .
- Now add the yogurt mix fry till little thick then add fried potato balls and toss till the sauce is fully covered .
- Add remaining juice of 1/2 lemon and then sprinkle with coriander leaves. ...........Enjoy....Verdict...I loved every bite of this yum yum :D