Thursday, December 1, 2011

Raw Mango Kurmura


This is my version of Jhatpat chaat or u can say my style chanbure upkari (konkani).....I love raw mango I got from Indian store and it was perfect so came up with my recipe...try this finger linking spicy and tangy combo of kurmura, u will always want more :)

Ingredients

1 cup Puffed Rice (Kurmura)

1 med raw Mango (cut into small cubes)

2 Tbsp Coconut oil ( I recommend this don't omit this)

1 tbsp Priya Raw mango Pickle (Mango Thokku)

1 small red onion chopped

1 tsp red chilli powder

1/2 tsp sugar

2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)

1/2 cup sev

1/4 cup Boondi ( u can use spicy or normal)

salt to taste

Method


  • Dry roast Kurmura in a deep kadai on low flame till crisp.
  • In mixing  bowl add red onion chopped, raw mango, red chilli powder, sugar, Mango pickle,coconut oil and mix well with a spoon.
  • Then add in the roasted kurmura, sev, boondi, coriander leaves and mix well.
  • Add salt to taste and serve immediately .Garnish with sev and coriander leaves.