2 cups whole wheat flour + for dusting
1 tsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
water as required
butter for basting
- Add wheat flour,yeast,sugar,salt in a bowl and add enough warm water and knead to a smooth and elastic dough and then apply oil all over the dough and then keep it aside for 1 hour till it doubles in size
- After an hour knead it again and divide them into equal proportion
- Roll out each portion into slightly thick circles
- Heat a pressure cooker and lightly grease it with oil at the bottom
- Remove the lid of the pressure cooker and lightly grease the insides of the bottom with oil.
- Heat upside down over an open flame.
- Apply a little water on one side of each tandoori roti and stick the wet side on the inside of the heated bottom of the pressure cookerAgain turn the bottom of the pressure cooker upside down and cook till brown spots appear on the surface of the tandoori roti and it peels away easily and then brush each of the roti with butter and then serve hot with any north indian gravy
(You can stick 3 to 4 tandoori rotis on the inside of the pressure cooker at a time.)