This recipe comes from Kudpi's Raj Garam tawa he has such awesome collection of recipes that you will simply love here is one such amazing recipe . Thanks Kudpi Raj maam for this wonderful recipe. I have made a slight change in the recipe according to my taste buds as I like crisp coating but the rest remains the same ...try this and leave in your feedback ...this tasted exactly like the cutlet we get in hotel ....simply amazing !!!!
5-6 med sized potato mashed
2 carrots (grated)
1 med sized beetroot (boiled and grated)
4 bread slices ( dipped in water and squeezed to pulp)
4-5 green chilles (minced)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
Bread crumbs for coating
2 tbsp Maida/ Plain flour + 2 tbsp corn flour mixed to a semi thick paste.
Oil for shallow frying
- In Bowl add mashed potato, beetroot, carrot, bread pulp, cornflour and mix well. Add salt, and keep aside.
- In pan add 2 tbsp oil add garlic and green chilles and fry well till garlic turns light brown now add the ground mix of vegs and mix till it leaves out oil. Add garam masala and keep aside.
- Shape it into round cutlets and roll in bread crumbs and keep in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Now make a paste of maida and cornflour and roll this cutlets in the paste and roll again in bread crumbs for the 2nd time...this will give a very crisp effect.
- Heat oil and shallow fry till golden brown on both the side. serve with chutney
Green chutney served with cutlets
1/2 cup coconut
2 tbsp onion
2 tbsp tomato
2 tbsp coriander leaves
2 small flakes of garlic
2 green chilles
salt to tase
- Grind all the above ingredients listed under "green chutney" adding little water and serve with cutlets...Simply superb cutlets !!!