Here is one of the best cookies recipes which I had tried the other day and was really so happy to see my sons request me to bake one more batch of them they have a light ting of lemon flavour and simply the best cookies one could ever taste.....Here is the recipe for that simple yet one of the best recipes the crunch what these cookies had was exactly like the one we get the store brought one ...simply awesome and yummy !
Ingredients (yeilds 10 - 12 cookies)
Recipe credit (Cooking Shooking)
1/2 cup Maida/ Plain flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar ( I used a little bit less then that)
1/4 tsp Lemon Zest
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1 bar of chocolate to melt (Plain chocolate / Dark )
1/2 cup of any colourful sprinkles of your choice
- Cream Butter and sugar together with the help of electric beater .
- Add in vanilla essence, Lemon Zest and mix well.
- Add in maida little by little to make a smooth dough ..I used just 1 spoon of maida extra but its a perfect measurement don't go to add anymore as it should be a soft dough.
- Now pinch in a small ball and shape it round .
- Grease the baking tray with butter and put the cookie rounds and bake at 180'c for 10-15 mins till the base gets little brown.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave high for 1 min (I took around 0 -12 pieces of chocolate)
- Dip the half of cookies in the melted chocolate and sprinkle a little colourful sprinkles on the cookie on melted chocolate and arrange it on a baking sheet to set.
- It should set in a hours time ...store in a air tight container. Enjoy !!!