This recipe was shared by my aunt Roopa akka from Nita Mehta's book its one of the easiest and most tastiest paneer Frys ....totally lipsmacking and Awesome here is the recipe for the Amritsari Paneer
Recipe credit : Nita Mehta
1 cup Paneer cut into long fingers (8-10 Paneer)
2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
generous pinch of ajwain
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi
5-6 Tbsp of gram flour
salt to taste
4 tbsp oil to shallow fry
Chaat masala Just to sprinkle (opt)
- Cut Paneer into long fingers and keep aside.
- In mixing bowl add in ajwain, red chilli powder, haldi, ginger garlic paste, salt mix add this to paneer and mix it gently making sure it doesn't break. Leave it for about 10-12 minutes.
- Spread Gramflour on a plate and roll these marinated paneer one by one.
- Dust of extra gramflour and keep it aside.
- Now take a small non stick pan (else you have to pour more oil ) drizzle with little oil and place the fingers one by one of the pan .
- Keep it on a low heat and try to flip only when done on one side but keep a watch here as paneer cooks really quickly ....cook it golden on all the sides. Remove and serve sprinkle little chaat masala ...DONE !
- Serve with Dip of your choice......so good you will keep another batch of them ready after having these :) ....Do try these and leave in your feedback :)