Rasam , Rice Papad such a heavenly and satisfying combo there is nothing more comforting then this combo ....this is one perfect recipe that was shared by my friend Nandini Pai ...thanks so much for sharing such a fab recipe simply superb taste and loved it :)
1/2 cup Toor Dal
2 green chillies
salt to taste
small goose berry size Tamarind
small piece of Jaggery
1/2 tsp haldi
2 -3 tbsp coconut
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients for Udupi Rasam Powder
2-3 Red chilli ( I used Bedagi / Kashmiri Red Chilli )
2 tsp Urad dal
3 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp methi seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
oil a little
1 tsp Ghee
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Asafoetida (hing) - 2 pinches
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tbsp oil
- To make Rasam powder
- In pan add a little oil fry urad dal when it changes colour to light brown add coriander seeds, mustard seeds, methi and cumin seeds, Red chillies and fry well till nice aroma then lastly add coconut and fry for a min and switch off the flame.
- Add water and grind to a fine paste.
- Soak tamarind in hot water and transfer in a pot and bring it to a boil and cool and mash the pulp well with a help of spoon add Jaggery , hing and mix and keep aside.
- Wash toor dal and pressure cook along with 2 chopped tomato, 2 green chillies and haldi and cook for 1-2 whistles
- Then add tamarind water to the cooked dal, add bring it to a boil then add the Rasam paste, salt to taste . Simmer and allow it to boil for 10 mins . Add coriander leaves .
- In pan add ghee (don't omit it) add mustard seeds, hing , Jeera and when it splutters add curry leaves.
- It's simply yummy and heavenly ....too good you will simply love this !!!