This is one of the most yummiest traditional no fail recipe shared by my aunt years ago which i do as prasad for doing naivedya to Lord Ganapathy on sankasthahara chaturthi ...it's been my favourite and has worked so perfect for me that i have never looked back on any of the other recipes :)...Here is the perfect recipe of this appe...I thought I'll blog this for my reference...Here in this recipe I have used desiccated coconut cause the reason is it will have lesser water content and does last the for a more then a day too without getting spoilt....well never lasted more then 1 day in my house though :D....Here is Perfect recipe for this gorgeous sweet :) This is an instant method and does not require any fermentation It is very important to follow the exact recipe here else this won't work for you !
Ingredients (Yields 12-14 appe)
1/2 cup med sized semolina (it must be not to fine not to coarse one which we use for Upma )
1/4 cup a little more then that desiccated coconut
1/4 cup Thin Poha (beaten rice )
2 tbsp wheat flour
pinch of baking soda
1/2 tsp elaichi powder
pinch of salt (opt)
2 tbsp jaggary ( add more according to your sweet tooth)
2 tsp oil + 2 tsp ghee (One for frying semolina) (1 spoon for appe)
- In deep pan 1 tbsp ghee and add Semolina and fry on a low flame till 2-3 mins such that when u feel it should be crispy.
- Now add in desiccated coconut to it and mix well fry on low flame for a min and switch off .
- Now add this semolina coconut mix in mixer grinder add pinch of salt, poha, wheat flour, jaggary , elaichi powder, soda and now add 1/4 cup water and grind to a fine consistency .
- The consistency of the batter you are looking for is a bit thicker to the normal dosa batter.
- Now take this mix in container grease the appe pan properly using a tissue and in a bowl mix in ghee and oil and put little oil on each hole of the appe pan and drop the mix and simmer and carefully turn over you will see that you can turn without any difficulty .
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve.
- One of my most beautiful and signature dish which has been my hubby's fav :)