This is a lovely traditional recipe shared by my mom it is such a good mix of all flavours that you will simply love every bite of it ....its little tangy , little sweet ,,,,mix of blend of such a lovely flavours you will absolutely love...usually I do Pathrode from Colocasia leaves....if you have few leaves you can try this ,,,you will absolutely love it healthy gojju :)
3-4 med sized Colocasia /Pathrode leaves /Arbi ke Patthe
lemon sized Tamarind
2 tsp Jaggary
2 tsp Coriander seeds
4-5 Red chillies (According to your spice level)
4-5 Curry leaves
2 tsp Urad dal
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
4-5 garlic flakes (sliced )
salt to taste
- Wash and Chop Colocasia leaves finely and keep aside.
- In Pressure cooker add this chopped Colocasia leaves and tamarind , water and cook it to 2 whistles and keep aside.
- Take off the pressure off the cooker and when done boil it till water is reduced to a 1/4 of what you had put in the cooker and Grind to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In Pan add coriander seeds, urad dal, red chillies and fry well till nice aroma on a simmer flame make sure you don't burn it and powder it coarsely and keep aside.
- In Pan add oil when hot add mustard seeds and when it splutters add Garlic fry till brown add curry leaves . Add this leaves paste and powder and fry till it thicken to a smooth paste and leaves out oil add Jaggary , salt to taste, ( Please make sure you fry till this gojju becomes semi thick it shouldn't be too dry .
- Do try this it's v healthy and yummy and so flavourful that you will love it too :)