1 cup Rice
1/2 cup Freshly grated Coconut (I used a little less then 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Poha
1/2 tsp dry yeast
water of one coconut
1/2 tsp sugar + 1/4 tsp for activating yeast
1/4 cup hot water
salt to taste
oil for roasting the dosa
- Wash and Soak the rice for 4 hours along with coconut water this way water will be fermented and perfect .
- Soak for Poha for 15 min and then drain out the water and keep
- Grind the rice,poha,coconut, with salt and sugar to a very fine paste
- Add hot water and sugar to a yeast and keep it aside for 5 min and then mix it in the batter.
- Ferment it overnight and take out the dosa next morning in an appam pan grease it properly with oil with the help of the kitchen tissue . When it is hot simmer it drop 1 ladle full the batter and circulate well making sure the batter is spread evenly all over the appam pan (you have to do it quickly here . cover and cook drizzled with little oil .
- Take out when the edges start getting a little Crisp.
- Serve with stew or chutney of your Choice.