Hotel Style Chutney ....this recipe comes from my mom actually was shared by my uncle who had a hotel long back and this was famous and was served with masala dosa.....so as my mom says and i have heard growing up as masala dosa chutney :)
1/2 cup grated coconut
2- 3 green chilli (depends on ur spice level)
1 tbsp fried green coriander leaves (fry in little oil till wilted)
1 small piece of ginger
small piece of onion (may be 1/4 of small onion)
small piece of garlic (1 small clove don't use more then this else it will overpower the whole chutney)
2 tbsp fried gram dal / Roasted gram / Daria dal
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 small red chilli (bedagi)
1 sprig of curry leaves
- Grind coconut , green chilli, fried coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, onion , fried gram add water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Take this mix in a bowl. Add salt to taste and mix.
- Prepare for the tadka : In pan add oil, put urad dal as it slightly starts changing colour add in the mustard seeds when it starts to pop up add red chilli, curry leaves.
- Switch off the flame and pour over the chutney .
- You will simply love this and take a bite and see u cannot guess any of the above ingredients yet a lovely taste leaves you lingering in your mouth......ahhha Pure bliss when dipped with any dosa ......its been my family fav since ages ...do try this and pls don't forget to leave in your feedback !