Happy Makara Sankranthi wishes to all my readers here is one such recipe which I absolutely love....tangy , super tasty just the way I love it ...brings back my childhood memories when i used to keenly wait for temple priest to give this awesome rice preperation as prasad /bhog ...this is one such recipe which came very close to the taste given in temples and it was v authentic too ...got this recipe from a tv show ...so pls try this if you love this rice preparation to core just like me!!
3 cups of cooked Basmathi rice
3 tbsp groundnuts (whole red one/ raw)
For Dry roasting spices
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
To be ground to paste
3-4 Green chillies (as per your spice level
1 med sized Raw Mango deseeded and grated
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
1/2 tsp haldi /turmeric powder
1 tsp Jeera /Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chana dal
1/2 tsp urad dal
2 sprigs of curry leaves
2 red chillies (broken)
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- In pan dry roast mustard seeds and methi till nice aroma and grind this to a fine powder.
- In mixer Grinder grind green chillies, coconut, grated mango adding little water to a fine paste and keep aside,
- In pan add oil add jeera, chana dal, urad dal, Red chillies fry well when jeera strats to crackle a bit add in curry leaves, groundnuts, fry for 2 mins till groundsnuts start getting a little crunchy then add in the coconut paste and fry well till it leaves out oil.
- Add haldi, freshly powdered spices , salt and give a good mix.
- Switch off the gas then add in rice and give a light toss. Add in coriander leaves. Done !!
- Simply Awesome !....Do try this you will also def say so :)