Ragi oodi usli it's so healthy and lovely ...perfect for those who diet to v filling and healthy as well and great substitute for Rice . This is my absolute childhood fav and I used to always ask my mom to prepare it for me . I get these when I go to visit her and literally stock up my pantry with these ...truly delicious one !!!.....serve with little sev you will def love it . This recipe is same for Ragi oodi or Ragi shevai these are sun dried one which are easily available in any Mangalore store .
1 cup Ragi oodi (presoaked in water for 1 hr)
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
2- 3 green chillies (slit)
1 red chilli (brokem)
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
3 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- Presoak Ragi oodi for 1 hr you will notice after they are soaked they will puff up a little bit).
- Then drain the water completely add in Sugar and salt and mix well to this oodi and keep aside,
- In pan add oil add mustard seeds, urad dal when urad dal turns a little brown and mustard seeds starts popping up add in red chilli bits, curry leaves, green chillies, fry well .
- Now add in coriander leaves and fry add in ragi oddi and mix sprinkle a little water and simmer and keep it for a min,
- Switch off the gas and add in grated coconut . Done !!! ....Serve with Sev or any mixture of your choice.
- It's simple ...simply delicious and for me it's my soul food .