My kids simply love cakes and I bake so many versions of them to master egg free cake and this is one such cake recipe I came across in a library book....it's eggless and dairy free and one of the best sponge recipe I have personally tried ...too good and a must try if love cakes and it's easy recipe too ...The secret of the sponge is Soya milk ...Yes ! it gives such a good texture to this cake your going to def love this sponge !...Do try this and leave in your feedback !
1 + 3/4 cup of Maida /Plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Soda bi Carb
1 tsp Baking powder
1/3 cup of oil
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup Soya Milk
4 tsp Vinegar
- In bowl mix in soya milk and vinegar and leave it aside for 10 mins . After 10 mins you will see it has curdled well now ad in sugar, oil , vanilla essence and mic well with the help of a whisk till its well blended.
- Sieve the dry ingredients i.e Maida, soda , baking powder, together for atleast 2 times .
- Preheat the oven to 180'c ...Gas Mark 6 for about 5-7 mins .
- Now mix in Dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well with the help of electric beater .
- Take a muffin tray and line it with muffin cases add in 2 tsp of the batter ,
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins till its well risen and done. (Tip : you can use a skewer stick prick at the center and if it comes out clean it's done !)
- It was such a gorgeous sponge that my kids did say it was like a store brought cake. This is the first time I am using soya milk I must say it was the best sponge i got from it really works wonders in cake !
- For best Eggless Chocolate cake ..The process is the same only difference is use 1 3/4 cup Maida and 1/4 cup more of cocoa powder rest remains the same