Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rainbow Slaw

This is one of my fav salads which I include it in my daily diet at least 1 time a day ...I simply adore salads any type of them and this is one is so good to start with if you are looking for a perfect diet  & weight loss recipe  this is the one for you ....rich in iron as well ...simple , filling and absolutely delicious ...Prepare this in advance and keep it in the refrigerator and serve chilled it's pure bliss and filling meal for me :D ..Here goes the simple recipe for that :D

Ingredients

1/2 cup Purple Cabbage (shredded)

1 med sized carrot (roughly grated)

1/4 cup of baby spinach (washed)

1/4 cup Boiled Rajma /Red Kidney Beans 

1 tbsp Mayo (eggless )

2 tbsp nuts of your choice (1 tbsp peanuts + 1 tbsp walnuts) ( I love a little crunch in my salad) 

For Dressing 

1 tbsp olive oil 

1 tbsp vinegar 

1 tsp honey 

1 small clove of garlic (grated) (don't use more it will overpower the whole salad)

salt to taste 

1/4 tsp pepper (freshly ground in pepper mill)

Method 

  • Mix all the ingredients Under "for Dressing" and mix well with the help of the whisk and keep it aside for 30 mins (so that all flavours gets infused v well).
  • Take a salad bowl add in purple cabbage, spinach , carrot and give a rough mix add in a tbsp of mayo and give a good mix with the spoon then add in the dressing and mix well .
  • Leave it in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hrs . Then top it with nuts of your choice and Serve chilled.
  • I normally do prepare this in the morning and relish it for my Lunch ....Simply Awesome !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment