I simply love Paneer Kofta curry with Naan ...it is def one of my most fav combo ....I am sure most of them have their own version of this recipe . This is the one I have followed and the one I have found it perfect ..This is a very delicate dish and you must make sure the koftas are not cooked for more then a min or two this is the key here to make sure it retains it's shapes and doesn't get crumbled. Thanks to my sister for sharing such a lovely recipe !
1 cup Fresh Paneer grated or crumbled
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp crushed garlic
2 tbsp cornflour ( 1 tbsp for the koftas / 1 tbsp for dusting)
3 -4 green chilli (finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil to shallow fry the koftas
3 med onion (roughy chopped)
2 green chillies
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 med tomatoes (freshly made) (Pureed)
2 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp haldi / turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp sugar (opt)
1/2 tsp roasted kasoori methi powder
1/4 cup cream
salt to taste
1 tbsp coriander leaves
- Knead Paneer till soft . Now in pan add little ghee add garlic and green coriander leaves, green chillies and fry well on low heat . cool and add this to the paneer, add in milk powder, cornflour and mix well add in salt to taste . Now mix and knead well pinch out small balls and shape into roundels roll in cornflour and deep fry in oil till golden brown .
- Take water in a pan add in onions, cashewnuts, tomato, 2 green chilli and boil then cool drain the water and grind to a fine paste . Strain and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan add in oil and ghee add in little cumin seeds when it sizzles a bit add in ginger garlic paste and fry till it leaves out nice aroma then add in the ground paste and fry well till it leaves the sides of the pan add in haldi, red chilli powder, garam masala.
- Then add in kasoori methi , little sugar, and fry till oil oozes out and then add in salt, little water , cream then add in coriander leaves.
- Just before serving add in the koftas and simmer and keep it for 2 mins . Serve with parathas/ naans you will def love it !