Tiramisu is a famous Italian dessert which most of you all must be familiar with , traditionally this recipe calls raw eggs and coffee liquor but I have tried to make it eggless and alcohol free too and my kids loved it I have even given a beautiful hint of citrus flavour to hype the taste , nevertheless one of the best tasting dessert and if you love the coffee flavour I strongly recommend to try this . Try this gorgeous dessert and serve it chilled it's sure to be your fav too :)
20 -25 Sponge fingers ( easily available in the supermarkets)
3 tsp Nescafe coffee powder
2 cups of water
1 cup of Double cream / Full fat cream
1 cup Mascarpone cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
2 tbsp sugar ( you can increase sugar as per your sweet tooth )
3 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting on the top
1/2 cup chocolate (grated )
- Take 2 cups water in a bowl add coffee powder mix well and keep aside.
- Take Double cream / full fat cream in a mixing bowl and beat it with the help of electric beater till it forms peak and becomes stiff add in mascarpone cheese, sugar , vanilla essence, orange zest, lemon zest and mix well with the help of beater for a minute.
- Now take a square shaped deep pan dip each sponge fingers in cold Coffee prepared and arrange the biscuits on the cake tin like one in the picture shown below
- Now spread the layer of Mascarpone cheese evenly to cover repeat the sponge fingers layers dipping in coffee again and repeat the process and cover the arranged fingers with remaining filling and then dust it evenly with cocoa powder. Add chocolate gratings on the top. Refrigerate for 10- 12 hrs preferably overnight . Next day you will notice it all set and ready to serve this gorgeous slice of desert !
- Keep refrigerated for a greater shelf life ( this can be kept for 1-2 days).