Methi Tambali is such a delicious recipe there are so many variations to this recipe here is the one I follow . It's so lovely that you can make it quickly and serve it with rice...No hassle recipe and it's a cold curry there is no need of heating this up . This is a perfect diabetic recipe and methi/ fenugreek seeds have such a good health benefits overall that I make it sure to include this in my daily diet in some way or the other . Here goes the recipe for this gorgeous dish ..Please do try this and do leave in your feedback If you loved it ...would love to read your comments :)
To be fried in oil / ghee
3/4 tsp methi seeds / Fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp Jeera / Whole cumin seeds
2 green chillies
1 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup coconut (grated )
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1/2 cup well beaten curd / Yogurt
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
1/4 tsp urad dal
1/4 tsp Jeera
1/4 tsp rai
1 broken red chilli
1 sprig of curry leaves
- Take a non stick pan add in ghee add methi seeds, Jeera, 2 green chillies, fry well add in curry leaves and fry on a low flame till you get lovely aroma then add in coconut and fry for 2 mins ( Please note coconut should not change the colour here .
- Cool and transfer the fried ingredients in the mixer grinder and grind all this to a fine paste adding little water and 2 tbsp of the well beaten yogurt.
- Now take out the ground paste in a container add in the remaining yogurt (which is well beaten) and stir properly . Add in salt to taste.
- For Tempering : Heat ghee in a pan add in cumin seeds, urad dal, rai when mustard seeds starts spluttering and dals change the colour add in curry leaves , broken red chilli and add this tadka to the paste. Done ! serve with Rice it's yumm
- Notes : As this is a cold curry there is no need to heat it up .
- This has to be consumed on the same day as it does not have a long shelf life .