Monday, May 29, 2017

Beans Potato Palya

I Love stir frys they are low fat and so good to incorporate in your daily diet isn't it ...this is one of the spicy version of traditional karnataka style palya . I am sure there are different versions of this  recipes of every house ...here is the one I have tried and loved it so thought of blogging it for mine and my readers reference . You can use any veg of your choice here like beetroot, cluster beans . I have tried with beans and potato here which is my fav combo. Without much fuss let's go on the recipe ...Do try this I am sure you will love it as much as I did .Please do drop in a feedback if you do try, I would love to hear from you . 




Ingredients

2 cups beans chopped into 1 inch bits

1 big potato (cut into small cubes)

1/4 tsp mustard seeds

1/2 tsp urad dal

1/2 tsp chana dal

1 onion (chopped)

1 sprig curry leaves

2 green chilli (finely minced)

1/2 tsp haldi

2 tbsp oil

salt to taste

To grind to a fine powder

1 tbsp Daria dal/ Kadale pappa / Fried gram / Chutney dal

2 tbsp dry coconut 

1 tsp Red chilli powder

pinch of haldi

very small piece of tamarind 

Method

  • Grind daria dal, coconut, red chilli powder, pinch of haldi, small piece of tamarind to a fine powder.
  • In pan add oil add in mustard seeds, urad dal. chana dal fry till dal starts changing colour then add in onion and fry well.
  • Now Add in curry leaves, green chillies, haldi , fry well now add in beans, potato salt . 
  • Stir fry and keep it on a low flame . Keep stirring in between so that all the vegs are evenly cooked.
  • Now add in 3 tbsp of ground powder. Mix well.
  • Serve with Rice and dal it's so fab ...I can eat the whole stir fry just like that :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment