I have tried so many variations in dates cake...this being one of the best till date that I tried from here...So good , gorgeous , perfect recipe ...loved it to core ! one of the best cake for diabetics too as it calls for just 2 spoons of sugar in it ..Yes you read it right just 2 spoons and you get perfect cake ...It was guilt free Indulgence for me :D. This cake vanished in minutes and both my sons loved it too . Perfect and a healthy bake ! Let's go on this recipe quickly .
3/4 cup Whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Instant cooking oats
18 - 20 dates (deseeded and chopped)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 cups of milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup oil
- Boil Milk and then switff of the gas then soak dates in it for 20-30 mins . ( This is a key step which makes the cake spongy).
- Preheat the oven to 180'c Take the square shaped loaf pan and brush it with little oil and dust it with flour evenly.
- In a bowl add in wheat flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and mix well .
- Add in the milk dates mixture and mix well.
- Add oil and vanilla and mix it well making sure you don't over mix. (add in any nuts of your choice I haven't added extra here)
- Pour the batter in a greased cake tin and bake for 40-45 mins till the cake comes out clean when you insert a toothpick.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you slice. Loved this cake ...it's a perfect tea time guilt free treat for me :D