Harshale is a very simple dessert and is always the best tasting too , well atleast for me :).... There is no heating involved in this dessert so u should consume it quickly as it wouldn't stay for more then 1 day so though it's my family favourite I always do it in a small quantity . This is one of the main sweet which we always prepare for Janmastami , it is said that Lord krishna loved Poha and this is a traditional dish which mom used to prepare on ashtami and I have followed this tradition too ....So blogging this traditional recipe for my reader's reference :D
1 cup coconut milk
3 -4 tbsp grated Jaggery
4-5 green cardamom seeds (crushed in a motor and pestle)
1 banana (sliced , cut into quarters add a few and reserve a few to be added at the time of serving )
1/4 cup Paper thin Poha
2-3 cashews (finely chopped) (opt)
- Grind freshly grated coconut say about 1/2 cup add 1 cup warm water and grind to a fine paste.Extract the thick coconut milk with the help of the strainer . Then again add 1/2 cup and grind again and extract thin coconut milk again and keep aside. Now mix the thick and thin milk and keep aside.
- Now add in Jaggery to the coconut milk and mix well.
- Now add in elaichi powder , cashews (opt) add a few banana pieces ( I just add 1/2 of it ).
- Cover and leave it for 1 hr .
- Now at the time of serving ...serve with paper thin poha and serve with remaining banana pieces .
- I always add a little poha as I offer this prasad to Lord Krishna ....( Serve poha and chopped banana only when your serving this sweet and relish it :)