Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Puri with Batate Usli

Puri with Batate bhaji...YUM.... my perfect Sunday brunch, I simply love it but usually I do prepare bhaji with onions and have relished it for years (will soon share that recipe too) . This recipe is perfect for vrat /fasting where I don't consume onion and garlic and was very delicious .....though simple it's one of the delicious recipe which was shared by my dear friend Shamala Bhat akka ...thanks for sharing such a lovely awesome recipe I have tried it so many times that I have lost count so whenever I feel like having puri and batate (potato ) bhaji on a fasting day this is one recipe I always follow....So dear friends and readers try it and hope you all enjoy as must as we did ...Do share your feedback if you did try :) 




Ingredients 

3-4 Potato Boiled and mashed roughly with hands

3 tbsp grated coconut

1/4 tsp cumin seeds /  Jeera

1/2 tsp hing / asafoetida 

2 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)

1 ' ginger 

3-4 green chillies 

2 tsp lemon Juice

salt to taste

For tadka 

1/2 tsp mustard seeds 

1/4 tsp Jeera

2 tbsp oil 


Method
  • Pressure cook Potato into 2-3 whistles and  peel the skin and mash it roughly with the help of your hands.
  • Take a Mixer grinder grind green chilli, hing , little cumin seeds, ginger ,coriander leaves just give this one Whiz and make sure you don't add any water . Lastly add coconut and give it one final blitz. Then take this ground masala out and keep it aside.
  • Take  a kadai add oil add mustard seeds when it pops add jeera and curry leaves now add in ground masala and fry for 2-3 mins .
  • Add in salt and now add in crushed potato mix well then finally add in lemon juice and give it a final toss. Ready ! 
  • Serve with Chapathi / Poori 
  • Pure bliss ...I absolutely love it every time I prepare this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment