Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Khatti Aloo Gobhi ( No onion No garlic )

Aloo gobhi this combination of vegetables rocks I absolutely try so many variations and this recipe what I am going to share today is a very hot dish perfect to go with dal and rice and what's more it's a no onion no garlic recipe when I tried it I absolutely fell in love with the Dish from the very first bite I took ..flavours were just Awesome . Here is the recipe of this amazing dish which I got from Chef Atul Khocchar's book and I hope my reader do try this and enjoy this dish as much as I did .





Ingredients 

4 Small Potatoes (cut into quarters)

2 cups of cauliflower (cut into med sized florets)

1/2 tsp crushed black peppercorns

2 green chillies (cut into thin roundels)

2 ' ginger ( 1 big tbsp ginger grated) 

2 tbsp oil 

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

3 tbsp tomato puree / Passata (used store brought here)

1/4 tsp coriander powder

1 and 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder ( mild)

1/4 tsp haldi /Turmeric powder

1/4 tsp Amchur powder (dry Mango powder)

1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 tbsp fine chopped coriander leaves

salt to taste

Method 

  • Parboil Potato and cauliflower and drain and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan add in cumin seeds, when it starts to crackle add in green chilli, ginger fry for a minute.then add in peppercorn , tomato puree fry well it it leaves out oil.
  • Now add in haldi, red chilli powder, coriander powder, Amchur powder, salt and fry well it all the masalas get mixed well and it leaves out oil .
  • Now add in  parboiled potato and cauliflower and mix well .
  • Now add in coriander leaves and lemon juice .


No comments:

Post a Comment