This is a typical traditional konkani style curry which is prepared in most of the households , I am sure every family might have that special magical touch in their recipe which was passed on by their elders , here's the way it's been prepared in my house and which in turn I learnt from my mom . As shravan month marks so many auspicious days , I thought this post is apt for the festive month , do try this simple satvikk recipe which I am sure you would find it lovely when served with rice . Do leave in your feedback on my space below would love to read your comments !
1 cup Magge / Mangalore cucumber (peel off the skin and chop into small chunks)
3 green chillies
2 red chillies (Kashmiri Red chillies)
1 small piece jaggery
1 cup coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp mustard seeds ( 1 tsp for grinding with masala + 1 tsp for tadka)
1 sprig of curry leaves
salt to taste
- In a deep pan add 1 and 1/2 cup water 1 tbsp jaggery , cucumber chunks then boil till cooked and keep aside.
- Grind green chilli, red chilli, coconut, mustard seeds, salt to a fine paste.
- Add paste to the the boiled Cucumber chunks and bring it to a boil .
- Now let's prepare the tadka /tempering for heating 1 tsp coconut oil add 1 tsp mustard seeds when it pops or starts to crackle add in curry leaves and drop this tadka in the curry and let it cook for good 10 to 15 mins.
- Serve and relish with Rice .