3 Pita bread
For Onion filling
2 finely sliced red onion
1/4 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1 can boiled chickpeas or 1 1/2 cup boiled Chickpeas
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp Roasted Jeera powder
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp Badshah Chana Masala ( or any masala of your choice)
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1 Clove of garlic finely grated
2 slices of bread (Ground into crumbs)
1/4 cup gram flour
salt to taste
1/4 tsp chana masala
Mayonnaise and any red hot sauce which u like for the filling (I used Nando's Peri Peri sauce)
- Lightly toast pita pockets for 1 min in the toaster and allow it to cool and keep aside.
- Drain the chickpeas add coriander seeds and Jeera powder and blend it to a paste without adding water.
- In Mixing bowl take out this ground chickpeas add onion, lemon juice, salt, grated garlic, coriander leaves, chana masala and mix well. Now add the bread crumbs to it and mix nicely.
- Make small round balls of the mixture and keep aside.
For the batter
- In gram flour mix in salt and chana masala and add just enough water to make it a semi thick batter of smooth consistency .
- Now dip the chickpea balls in this mixture and shallow fry it in oil. ( You can also deep fry this in oil if your in a rush).
For onion filling
- In pan add 1/2 tsp oil add in the sliced onion, coriander leaves, chaat masala and lemon juice and toss well for 2 Min's then switch of the gas and keep aside.
- Slit the pita bread into half diagonally . Now squeeze in a little bit of mayonnaise put little onion filling in it then add in 2 falafals top with mayonnaise and hot sauce of Ur choice sprinkle a little chopped coriander and serve.
This is one of the favourites in my house that it just goes in no minutes :-D