Hello readers , I am posting here after a long hiatus so thought of posting one of the classic biscuit recipe which I learnt from my mom , this is one of my favourite tea time biscuit recipe which has a lovely hint of elaichi/ Green cardamom and it gives that classic Asian touch , Amazing to taste and so flaky in texture that one bite it teleports me to my childhood days where my mom used to prepare this during Diwali and it always would vanish so quickly that I used to always request her to prepare a big batch of them . It's easy to prepare and makes it even more special when you share , so do try this recipe and share it with your loved ones . Now coming back to this recipe there are few key steps which you have to follow which nails the texture here . Please do message me in the comment box below with your feedbacks, questions would love to read them.
1/2 cup Maida /Plain Flour
1/4 cup semolina
1/4 cup Besan/ Chickpea flour
1/2 tsp cooking soda
1/2 cup Ghee (which is at room temperature)
1/2 cup powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla Essence
1/4 tsp Green cardamom powder
- Powder the Sugar with Green cardamom seeds with the help of a mixer grinder and keep aside.
- In a bowl Cream Ghee and powdered sugar together till pale white in colour and well incorporated mix well it takes good 5 minutes to do it . This is a key step please do not skip it.
- In a mixing bowl Sieve Plain Flour (Maida), Besan , cooking soda together and keep aside. mix in the semolina and keep aside.
- Add in the creamed ghee, vanilla essence and mix it well till it comes together to form a dough, and if you are not able to do it don't worry just add another 1 tbsp ghee . Shape them into small round ball and flatten just a little .
- Grease a baking tray with a little ghee add line these cookies and bake in a preheated oven.
- Here the oven temperature is the key for the cracks they form on the cookies which gives a classic look and gives a lovely flaky texture.
- Preheat the oven to 170'c for 5 mins. Bake them for 10-12 mins till done and the bottom of the cookies turn a little golden brown and they form cracks on the top .
- After they have cooled store in an air tight container and Enjoy with a hot cup of tea.