I absolutely love choco chip cookies and was looking for something which is healthy and calls for less sugar too ...these were perfect , gorgeous and made with few ingredients and the texture is so good just like the store bought ones , no compromise on taste and that's a promise.....this was an instant hit in my house, my kids absolutely loved it, thanks to my friend Sujatha S Shenoy's post who inspired me to cook these gorgeous cookies . The original recipe calls for butter , but I have used ghee here ; I have tweaked the recipe which has turned out perfect for me and have even used the same measurements to prepare more than 2 batches and it has come out perfect !...Please do try them and enjoy them sipping down a hot cup of tea :D
Recipe adapted from Healthy kadai
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup semolina
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup chocochips
1/4 cup ghee ( should be at room temperature )
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a deep bowl add in wheat flour, semolina , cocoa powder, sugar, mix well , add in chocochips and mix well.
- Now add in vanilla essence , ghee and mix well until it becomes a perfect dough, add maybe 1/2 tsp more ghee if u find it a bit difficult to bind the dough but otherwise it should be fine.
- Leave the dough aside for 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 170'c for 5 mins.
- Line a cookie tray with the parchment paper and pinch a small portion of dough, make a round ball place a chocochip in the centre.
- Bake for ab0ut 15-20 mins until the top gets a bit cracked and it's cooked.
- Store in an air tight container. Enjoy !