This is a diabetic friendly recipe which is adapted from Tarla dalal website...I have slightly altered the recipe according to my taste buds but was very surprised by the fact that Dalia binds and gives such a great taste to these patties...simply superb taste...Please try this absolutely lip smacking patties and leave a feedback :)
1/4 Cup Dalia (soak for 1/2 hr)
2 med sized carrot (grated)
1 Onion chopped
1/2 cup grated Paneer
1 tsp Shiracha sauce ( you can use any chilli sauce available)
1 tsp soya sauce
3 green chilles (minced finely)
1 tsp grated ginger
3 tbsp rice flour of binding + 4 tbsp rice flour for making a paste
1 tbsp coriander leaves
3 tbsp Maida (Plain Flour)
oil to shallow fry
salt to taste.
- Soak Dalia for 1/2 hour and squeeze out water out and mix in grated carrot, onion, grated paneer, sriracha sauce, soya sauce, green chillies, grated ginger.
- Add Rice flour to it and mix it well. Add coriander leaves and salt. Mix well .
- Make balls out of this and flatten it a bit keep it aside.
- Make a paste of maida (Plain flour) and rice flour add water and till it gets a semi thick consistency.
- Dip the balls in this batter.
- Heat little oil about 4 tbsp in sauce pan and shallow fry in oil till crisp on both the sides. Serve hot with dip of your choice.....Simply Awesome...I loved the taste :)