Friday, November 9, 2018

Rawa Tingalod

Happy Diwali to all my readers , it's that time of the year when winter slowly creeps and as the  festive season is just around the corner, I remember my childhood days when my mom used to prepare sweets and savouries , give us gifts , go to temple with a wish in our hearts that this festive season brings everyone luck and happiness it used to be truly festive in all sense . I have tried my best to give my children the same festive feel and they always love the tea time crunch snack what I prepare ....so this post truly hits the spot I am posting one easy chakuli recipe perfect for tea time crunch snack and it stays fresh for more then 2 - 3 weeks in an air tight container . Thanks to my friend Rajamoni akka for sharing such a lovely recipe :) ....Don't forget to share your comments, feedback at the space below !



Ingredients

1 cup Fine semolina (IF it is coarse grind them to a fine consistency )

2 cups of water

2 cups of Rice flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp Jeera

1 tsp hing

2 tsp Sesame seeds

oil for frying tinglodu


Method
  • In a deep pan add 2 cups water and bring it to a boil then add in Rawa/ semolina and cook it till water is absorbed. Keep aside and cool.
  • when it still warm add in 2 cups of Rice flour, jeera, salt, hing and knead to a smooth dough .
  • You can add a little water if you feel the dough is a bit difficult to knead .
  • But key here is not to let the rawa cool completely and mix it well .
  • Pinch a portion of the dough put in the chakli press and shape them in chakulis /tinglod and deep fry in oil .
  • Store in a air tight container stays fresh for 2-3 weeks .


No comments:

Post a Comment