Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stir Fry Spinach & Mushrooms


This recipe I got for Meena Phatak's recipe book when I read it i truly found very nice ....till date I never tried to mix spinach and mushroom together in any of my recipes and I even fall short of recipes using palak now this one is surely added to my recipe collection ......let me tell u one more fact ....u all must be wondering she posts so much recipes of mushroom and paneer always ...let me tell u Y?.....My son absolutely loves mushrooms and my hubby loves paneer so thts y I try bringing so many variations in my recipes using these two vegs :)....Now abt the rec the minute I tried it we all absolutely loved it ......Simply try this and u will also tell the same thing ...EXCELLENT!!!!
Ingredients

10-12 Mushroom cut into quarter


1 bunch spinach finely chopped

1 tsp kasoori methi


4 flakes of garlic finely chopped


2 tsp finely chopped ginger


3 green chillies roughly chopped

1 onion chopped


1/2 tsp turmeric powder

1 tsp garam masala powder

2 tbsp cream

1 tsp cumin seeds


salt to taste


2 tbsp oil


Method
  • Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds when it crackles add garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry for a min

  • Add onion and fry till golden brown and then add kasoori methi

  • Add turmeric powder,mushroom and stir fry for 2 minute till mushroom gets cooked

  • Add spinach,garam masala ,salt,and fry till the water gets evaporated and gets cooked

  • lastly add cream, and then mix it well and then serve hot with roti or rice