This is such a beautiful pasta dish that u will simply love just a bite its so soft and amazing to taste that u ll love it ...I have made gnocchi from scratch here...they are easily available in super markets if u in short of time ..but I think u all would agree to me when I say that home made tastes simply best...so try this and leave in Ur feedback :)
3 med sized Potato (boiled and finely grated)
2 tbsp Maida / Plain Flour
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Fresh Coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1/4 cup Cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp maida
1 tsp Red Chilli flakes
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp finely chopped Coriander (Garnish)
- Boil potatoes and finely grate the potatoes when its cools down. Add butter, maida, salt, chili flakes , coriander and mix well and knead well for 2-3 Min's.
- Lightly dust the the working surface with maida.
- Take small balls from dough and flatten it in the center with the help of the thumb to get a slight depression.
- Boil water and add salt to it add prepared gnocchi carefully, Let it float on the top of the water then drain and keep it aside.(Be careful while draining it, I feel handy to drain it using spoon in small bathes rater then in a stainer.
- Mix maida and milk together.
- Heat 1/2 tsp butter add milk(mixed with maida), cream, red chili flakes and bring it to a boil then add tomatoes and bring to a boil till it thickens little and u can feel the creamy velvety texture. Add salt .
- Arrange 7-8 Gnocchi in plate and pour sauce over it and garnish with coriander leaves ...serve I am sure u'll love it ...hmmmmmm it just melts in Ur mouth :D