This is the best Arbi fry I did experiment myself.......if u love the garlic flavor in Ur vegs..surely u 'll love this stir fry too....Simply amazing and delicately flavored arbi..:)
1/2 kg Arbi (Taro root / Colocasia)
1/4 tsp saunf (Aniseed) (opt)
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
5-6 big cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp gram flour (besan)
1/2 tsp haldi
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kasoori methi
salt to taste
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp oil for frying
coriander leaves for garnishing
- Peel arbi and then cut them into thin stripes and boil it in water for 10 mins then drain the water and keep aside.
- To this sprinkle 1 tsp red chilli powder , 1/2 tsp garam masala, haldi and gram flour and mix well gently.
- Add 2 tbsp oil in non stick pan & when its hot enough shallow fry them in small batches and keep aside.
- In pan add oil then add saunf, jeera, when it splutters add sliced garlic and fry well till it turns brown and leaves out lovely aroma then add remaining 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp red chilli powder fry in oil add
- kasoori methi and fry well .
- Now add the shallow fried arbi and toss in the masala. garnish with coriander leaves and serve with dal and rice ...I am sure u'll love it.