Whenever I have invited guest around I usually look out for preparing a very nice and yet a less time consuming rice which is simple yet good to taste and doesn't take much of your effort .Well this is definitely that type of rice which fits perfectly in any type of party menus and my son Amit just loves this a lot...... so sure that kids will just love this .
1 cup Sweet corn
1 cup Paneer cubed
2 cups Basmati Rice
3 tbsp Butter
3-4 flakes of garlic roughly chopped
3 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp spring onion greens for garnishing
Juice of 1 med sized lemon
salt to taste
2 green chilli roughly chopped
Lemon rings for garnishing
- Boil the sweet corn and keep aside.
- Shallow fry Paneer cubes and keep aside.
- Boil the basmati rice in 3 cups water till 3/4th done, drain it and keep aside to cool.
- Mix salt and oil to the rice so that it doesn't stick to each other.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan add green chilli and chopped garlic and fry till garlic turns brown and nice aroma comes out, now add chopped coriander leaves fry now add corn, lemon juice and fry.
- Now add salt, fried paneer and mix.
- Now switch off the gas and stir in the rice and simmer and cook for about 10 -12 mins till all flavours mix well.
- Now serve with spring greens and lemon wedges.