Saturday, June 16, 2018

Amla Edgai (Instant Amla Pickle)

Amla /Gooseberries / Avalo  are so high is Vitamin C and it's got so many health benefits such as it is good Immune booster, very good for reducing blood sugar levels, it is also said that it is a body coolant and helps to flush out toxins ...it's benefits are endless and I always make sure I buy them whenever I manage to find them in my local Indian grocery shop . I still remember my college days when I used to buy gooseberry and pineapple mixed with a very spicy paste from a local shop and I used to absolutely relish every bite of it .
      So this recipe is quiet close to the taste and when I came across this recipe given to me by Shobha Kumar akka which she got it from a cook ...so  I had bookmarked it straight away it was fab and it was so simple to make that it was ready in no minutes . I Loved it with simple rice and dal and relished it !!!...Do try this chatpata amazing easy pickle if you are a absolute pickle lover just like me :D











Ingredients 


7-8 Amla / Avalo / Indian Gooseberries 

3 tbsp  Kashmiri Red chilli powder

1/4 tsp haldi 

1 tsp Hing / Asafoetida powder

2 tbsp Sesame oil / Gingelly oil 

1 tsp salt to taste

Method

  • Boil Amla till cooked well . Leave it to cool down to room temperature.
  • Cut into thin slices and keep aside.
  • In non stick pan add in sesame oil when it it smoking hot add in sliced & cooked Amla then fry for 2 - 3 mins. 
  • Add in 3 tbsp Red chilli powder, haldi powder, hing powder , salt and fry well till all the masala coats the Amla well.
  • Store in a container and keep it refridgerator
  • Serve with Rice Ganji or just simple Rice and dal ....Heavenly combo !


No comments:

Post a Comment