Amla /Gooseberries / Avalo are so high is Vitamin C and it's got so many health benefits such as it is good Immune booster, very good for reducing blood sugar levels, it is also said that it is a body coolant and helps to flush out toxins ...it's benefits are endless and I always make sure I buy them whenever I manage to find them in my local Indian grocery shop . I still remember my college days when I used to buy gooseberry and pineapple mixed with a very spicy paste from a local shop and I used to absolutely relish every bite of it .
So this recipe is quiet close to the taste and when I came across this recipe given to me by Shobha Kumar akka which she got it from a cook ...so I had bookmarked it straight away it was fab and it was so simple to make that it was ready in no minutes . I Loved it with simple rice and dal and relished it !!!...Do try this chatpata amazing easy pickle if you are a absolute pickle lover just like me :D
7-8 Amla / Avalo / Indian Gooseberries
3 tbsp Kashmiri Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi
1 tsp Hing / Asafoetida powder
2 tbsp Sesame oil / Gingelly oil
1 tsp salt to taste
- Boil Amla till cooked well . Leave it to cool down to room temperature.
- Cut into thin slices and keep aside.
- In non stick pan add in sesame oil when it it smoking hot add in sliced & cooked Amla then fry for 2 - 3 mins.
- Add in 3 tbsp Red chilli powder, haldi powder, hing powder , salt and fry well till all the masala coats the Amla well.
- Store in a container and keep it refridgerator
- Serve with Rice Ganji or just simple Rice and dal ....Heavenly combo !